Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Dear Alan

My dearest Alan,


Today (5/3/12) marks 3 weeks that you're gone and I've been struggling with what to write to you.
You were/are by far one of the most amazing people I've ever been lucky enough to call a friend.
I will forever cherish that day we met (in person) May 25th, 2011. (even though Alli couldn't come =(...)
It was less than one year ago, and even though it was raining and my mom felt the need to tour an old church, we still had fun. And of course, who could forget that terrifying ride in the Ferris-wheel, it was bad enough that I'm afraid of heights, plus the rain didn't help. But it was time together and I will never forget that day.


And when I think of you
I will forever think of those skype chats we had for days at a time.
I will forever think of how loyal a friend, how devoted a husband to Alli, and how pure at heart you were.
I will think of all those times you were there for me, no matter what hour. You listened to what I had to say, never once did you judge me. I could tell you things I couldn't tell anyone else and know that it was safe.
I will forever think of the laughs we shared.
I will forever think of you when I hear a P!nk song. (especially "Perfect")

I know that my life, will never be the same.


You left a hole in my heart that will never be repaired. And while I am comforted to know you are finally at peace, it still hurts to know you're gone.


I love you more than you know and I miss you every day.


My Shiny.
My Best Friend.
My Hero.
My Alan. <3

Breathe Easy

June 24th, 1984 - April 12th, 2012





No comments: