the insurance companies like to wait until the last min (when the pacer goes into safe mode)
well I had a pacemaker check scheduled for June 19th. and my genius ass missed the appt. so I called them later that day to reschedule. we ended up rescheduling for yesterday. and (as I suspected) they decided to tell me its time for surgery, the battery needs to be replaced. well of course they tell me that then. because I was scheduled to leave for FL this morning.
anyway, these are my posts from yesterday:
"I KNEW this was going to happen!!!!!!!!!
the but NO! they wouldn't listen to me!
pacemaker people said I need the battery replaced!
and of course I leave for FL tomorrow morning. or at least I'm supposed to!
UGGGGGH! they're gonna call me back in a few mins to let me know if I can still go!"
I officially CAN go to FL, however,
no matter what I do (in her words) "you could run a marathon and your heart rate wont get over 65"
so basically I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING remotely strenuous. wheelchair in airport. no beach walking. no kayaking, no swimming. nothing =\ which kinda sucks. but at least I can go!"
Recap: battery is in safe mode, meaning HR wont get over 65, and it is only pacing the ventricles (usually mine paces the atria as well)
I can't really do anything physical
my appointment with my electrophysiologist is scheduled for the 17th. and he'll probably schedule the surgery for the next day. I also still have my heart monitor on 24hrs a day for 2 more weeks due to the A-fib.
but I'm here in FL now. so I'm a happy duck!